From my new book Fire Up Your Profile For LifeWork Success pg. 179:
Your Profile is an effective marketing tool for your business or job search. Using social media to build relationships takes time and planning. There is no financial cost but there are many rewards.
Besides showing your expertise and building your networking skills you will be forced to define who you are as an entrepreneur or job seeker. Use these prompts to write your profile.
• Clearly describe your product or service.
• What can you offer a customer or employer that no one else has?
• What important values do you bring to your job or business?
• List skills you have that are needed in your business or career field.
• Write something interesting about yourself that might connect you with your audience (a favorite hobby, sport, food or leisure activity).
Whether your audience is a current or potential customer or a prospective employer, let them know what you want them to do next. Do you want them to contact you? Read your blog? Connect with you on social media? Be sure to give your contact information where it is readily visible.