Your profile is the picture of you that reflects your values, skills, interests and accomplishments to a customer, prospective employer, and/or colleague. Do you know what others see in your picture? Take advantage of a free assessment of your Linkedin Profile by an experienced Personal-Career Coach and author of "Fire Up Your Profile for LifeWork Success". Your Linkedin Profile can be the foundation for your resume, cover letter, or personal business plan.
From my new book Fire Up Your Profile For LifeWork Success pg. 179:
Your Profile is an effective marketing tool for your business or job search. Using social media to build relationships takes time and planning. There is no financial cost but there are many rewards.
Besides showing your expertise and building your networking skills you will be forced to define who you are as an entrepreneur or job seeker. Use these prompts to write your profile.
• Clearly describe your product or service.
• What can you offer a customer or employer that no one else has?
• What important values do you bring to your job or business?
• List skills you have that are needed in your business or career field.
• Write something interesting about yourself that might connect you with your audience (a favorite hobby, sport, food or leisure activity).
Whether your audience is a current or potential customer or a prospective employer, let them know what you want them to do next. Do you want them to contact you? Read your blog? Connect with you on social media? Be sure to give your contact information where it is readily visible.
Subscribe to Creative LifeWork Design Newsletter for fun articles and career stories.
Nancy Miller, M.S. is a Career Counselor, Life Coach, and writer. Nancy will assist you with story ideas, organizing your book whether fiction or nonfiction, and choosing a method for publishing and printing.