Writing Sticklers (as in being stuck on something):
- What will people say (and they will)?
- Do I need to say more?
- Is it unique and interesting enough?
- Will anyone care?
- Where am I going with this?
- What happens when I hit "Publish"?
What to do when I'm stuck:
- Sit down and finish
- Hit "Send" or "Publish" and see what happens
- Have a sense of humor about responses (or lack of)
- Write something else
- Journal for myself since I am my best audience
- Don't be a stickler & enjoy the process
When I am having trouble finishing an article or chapter I usually do something else, write something unrelated, or take a break.
The problem comes when the break is too long or the project forgotten. Better to go back and finish, decide not to continue, or do it differently rather than leave a project hanging.
As a Business/Creativity Coach I can help you write through the process by encouraging you, holding you accountable, and bringing out the creativity that is ready to charge out to your audience.
Contact Nancy to make an appointment to discuss your project.